Citing a need for the board to “fulfill its financial obligation to submit a balanced budget” and saying that “funding from state and federal sources have failed to keep pace with the rising costs for operating the school district,” the resolution would cut the jobs of 11 full-time employees and six others that work less than 40 hours.
The full-time posts on the chopping block are:
• director of technology and information services;
• transportation supervisor;
• payroll technician;
• an intermediate account clerk;
• audio/visual technician;
• maintenance worker;
• a grounds maintenance worker;
• stock clerk/delivery worker;
• duplicating services assistant and two staff secretary positions.
The resolution promises that the positions would be re-instated as “additional funds become available.”
The WSD board meets at 7 p.m. for its public session at 14121 Cedarwood Ave. in Westminster. The district provides instruction for grades K-8 and serves most of Westminster, as well as parts of Garden Grove, Huntington Beach and Midway City.