MEETINGS: All three local city councils meet this week. Garden Grove and Stanton will convene at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at their respective council chambers, while Westminster meets at 7 p.m. on Wednesday. For details, see articles on front page.
EVENTS: The nice weather brings out the fun and fund-raisers, including:
• The 56th annual St. Columban’s Festival will be this Friday-Sunday in the church/school parking lot at 10801 Stanford Ave. in Garden Grove. Rides, food, games and more.
• St. Paul Lutheran Church holds its second annual Boutique and Crafts Sale Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 13082 Bowen St. (behind Farmers and Merchants Bank) in Garden Grove.
• The Garden Grove Historical Society will host its spring Barn and Book Sale Thursday to Saturday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Stanley Ranch Museum, 12174 Euclid St., Garden Grove. Books, housewares, collectibles, clothes and more.
The summer movie season is heating up early. Among top movies opening this week are:
• “The Big Wedding”: A divorced couple pretends to still be married to keep peace in the family. Starring Robert DeNiro, Diane Keaton, Susan Sarandon, Katherine Heigl, Robin Williams. Rated R.
• “Arthur Newman”: A man changes his name and changes his life. Starring Colin Firth, Emily Blunt, Anne Heche. Rated R.
• “At Any Price”: A high stakes investigation into their business divides a father and son. Starring Dennis Quinn, Zac Efron, Heather Graham. Rated R.
Also opening this week: “King’s Faith,” “Midnight’s Children,” “The Numbers Station” and “Pain and Gain.”